Fashionista: The Definition:

fash⋅ion⋅is⋅ta  /ˌfæʃəˈnistə/ OR [fash-uh-nee-stuh].

1. a highly fashionable woman, usually
working in the fashion industry.

2. A term used to define a woman with a penchant for shopping and a natural flair for combining both current and vintage fashionable trends.

3. A woman devoted to high or unique fashion, with style unlike others that is not only chic but flattering


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Buckle, Oh.

This season's boots, like the one shown here on the left (Franco Sarto, $120, townshoes.com) mean to me the ultimate question: buckle or no buckle? The buckle has always been a touchy subject to me. To elaborate, fashion crimes with specific tools (such as the buckle boot) lead me to think uneasy about such articles of "fashion". And unfortunately, said boot has long been a victim. Black pleather buckle boots with the rubber flat sole, no heel. I shudder even thinking back about it. And countless offense after each other, I began to be skeptic.

19 pairs of leather, suede, gum and sheepskin boots later, I can safely tell you I haven't even come close to considering a pair of les bottes avec buckle. Not even close. But designers such as Steve Madden and labels such as Chanel have and are fearlessly incorporating such styles this year and previous seasons. The claim: an accentuation on lovely slim calves, or an demonstration of a simple chic, easily obtained. But I will tell you, fearful fashionistas, that if you can prove me wrong I salute you.
The decision is yours. The magazine ads don't lie. And neither, I can assure you, do I. When it comes to the shunned victims of fashion abuse, I have composed a lengthy list.

Don't even get me started.

BEG to differ... by leaving your comment.


No comments: